Solaris 8 Smbwrapper Build Failure Update

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Sun Oct 14 19:52:02 GMT 2001

Comparing the Makefiles from Samba version 2.2.1a and 2.2.2 I see that
the an ld flage was changed from a -G to -shared. If I remove the
-shared flag the bin/smbwrapper.so target fails with an undefined of
_pwrite. If I put the -G flag back in the link completes, obviously with
and undefined reference for _pwrite.

Why ld fails with the flag -shared and a reference to a flag of -h looks
like an ld problem since there is no -h flag being given to the linker.
Some one should probably pursue this with Sun.

PS - the previous e-mail should have had gcc as version 3.1.

--

Regards,

David Highley		      Phone: (206) 669-0081
Highley Recommended, Inc.	FAX: (253) 838-8509
2927 SW 339th Street	      Email: dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Federal Way, WA 98023-7732	WEB: http://www.highley-recommended.com