printing from win2k

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Oct 14 19:21:06 GMT 2001

The odds are you are sending a windows filtered job to a printer queue on
your linux box that is expecting either a text or postscript file and is
trying to filter it.
You need to send youir windows print jobs to an unfiltered print queue on
your linux box.
To kill a print job on linux, can be tuff.
1. Turn off printer.
2. run lpq -a
This should show you all the queues and what they are doing.
3. lprm -Pqueue jobnumber
or just lprm -Pqueue all to kill them all
man lprm will give you the idea.
4. After you have killed the job, you may still need to kill the server
So, stop and start your printer daemon,
in rh or caldera,
/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd stop  then start
Seems like a lot, I know.