oplocks and Suse 6.1

Mattias Larsson sparhawk at beyond.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 13 06:01:03 GMT 2001

Hi, I have a big problem. I compiled and installed Samba on a suse machine
at work
and the compilation went fine without any errors.

I installed it and configured it with domain security and our PDC as
password server. I put the
IP address of our wins and created a share. Minimal configuration.

Now when I try to use "smbclient -U joeuser -L localhost" for example, or
try to map up the share
from a PC using the domain username joeuser which is also created as a
account on the SuSe
machine I repeatedly get this message in log.smbd:

"open_oplock_ipc: Failed to get local UDP socket for address 100007f. Error
was Cannot assign
requested address."

I have NO ide what this means, I hope someone here knows because I'm stuck!

--
Mattias Larsson - sparhawk at beyond.dyndns.org - mattias.larsson at lm.se