Cannot connect

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Oct 12 17:11:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 01:54:51PM -0700, METAgency wrote:
> Tried this. It says "wins_svr died(): WINS server 64.xx.xx.xxx
> appears to be down. Connection failed"
> I have tried to configure with WINS server, without, etc, still not
> able to connect in any case.
>
> KD
>

> >smbclient //server/share -d3 might offer insight.
> >Joel
I am assuming that you are configuring your own samba server, not hooking up
just as a client to another server.
If so, I would set up the simplest smb.conf you can manage, leaving out all mention
of win servers and the like.
Then, walking through the DIAGNOSIS.txt file which comes with the samba
source.
Joel