Upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.2.1a

John Evans kilnar at usa.net
Fri Oct 12 12:14:04 GMT 2001

Greetings,
    I was recently handed the task to upgrade a Solaris 6 machine running
Samba 2.0.6 to the lastest version "to take advantage of new features."
However, I was not told what new features to look for or what they were trying
to accomplish with the upgrade. Is there a document that outlines or
summarizes changes made in each version of Samba?
    I have the WHATSNEW.txt, but that only details the changes between 2.2.1a
and the next oldest version. I suppose I could find all of the WHATSNEW.txt
files for all versions between 2.0.6 and 2.2.1a, but if there is a single
document that has this information that would be best.

Thanks for any information that you may have.

--
John Evans
http://evansj.kilnar.com/