Windows XP and Samba Domain.

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 12:44:02 GMT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 Engstrom_Carl at emc.com wrote:

> Has anyone yet figured out how to get a Windows XP client to properly join a
> Samba Domain?  I saw several people posting questions in June, but I didn't
> find anything recent.  I might not have looked hard enough...

Can you please apply this registry file and let me know (reboot the
client after applying)..

---------------------cut here-------------------------------------
;
; This registry key (gathered from the Samba-tng lists) is needed
; for a Windows XP client to join and logon to a Samba domain
;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org