Win2k Printing

Ryan McGill rmcgill at myra.com
Thu Oct 11 10:58:06 GMT 2001

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with printers shared off a Samba
2.0.7 server running on Solaris 8.  I can connect to some printers
without issue, but when I try and connect to a Lexmark SC 1275 colour
printer through the "Add Printer Wizard", I get an error message telling
me that the printer is no longer connected to the server.  I can browse
to this printer within the wizard, but when I highlight the printer, I
get an error message saying that "The data area passed to a system call
is too small."  Has anyone else seen this error?  I can use net use and
map lpt1: to this printer queue and access it that way, but I would like
to be able to set it up through windows.

The really strange thing is is that other Win2k clients can access this
printer through the "Add Printer Wizard".

Any thoughts?

Please respond directly to my e-mail address, I'm not a member of the
list.

Thanks,

Ryan