SWAT

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Oct 11 08:27:13 GMT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Joseph Loo wrote:

> I have mandrake 8.0. I have removed their version of samba using their
> software packager. After that, I compiled and loaded samba 2.2.1a
> based on their configuration file. I keep getting invalid password or
> user whenever I try to access the swat system.
>
> Do I have to add root to the smbpasswd or is swat broken in this
> version?

Did you compile --with-pam?

There is also a known bug on Slackware systems that requires
you to comment out '#define HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT 1' from
include/config.h.  It was a bug in our autoconf tests
already fixed in CVS.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org