win2k and lost shares [was:Re: unknown %a]

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Oct 11 08:19:07 GMT 2001

Hi Dietrich,
So to make sure I understand:

1.User franz logs in.
2.user franz verifies the shares exist (HOW?)
  do they show up in "My Network Places", or does he do a 'net view
\\sambaserver'
  or what?
3.a couple of minutes later, user franz does step #2 (which is what,
EXACTLY), and
  cannot see the three shares included by smb.conf.franz.

^^^^^^^Is this correct?

Question - can user franz STILL do a net use x: \\testdaten\test42  ???? and
have it work?

don