samba oplocks and network timeout issues

Jason Norred jnorred at norredtech.com
Thu Oct 11 06:29:11 GMT 2001

Hello,

I'm currently running samba 2.2.1a on a redhat 7.1 server. I am consistently
having network timeout issues on my clients that are running quickbooks and
act. When running quickbooks, they get error msgs stating that they have
lost connection with COMPANYNAME.QBW file, file will be reset to last known
transaction. I'm convinced this has something to do with oplocks but I'm
just not sure. Anyone out there familiar with quickbooks on samba? All the
clients are NT Workstation 4.0.

Thanks,
Jason Norred
Norred Technical Services