Upgrading samba

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Oct 11 05:58:29 GMT 2001

Well,
it depends on what system you are running on, etc - I see messages all
the time on the list about rpm problems in installing a new version of
samba; but theoretically, you should stop smbd and nmbd (and swat, if you
are using that) before you do the make, as on many systems, it will not be
able to replace the smbd and nmbd files once it has made them and you do the
make install, if the text files are busy (ie running).
Good luck,
Don