Browsing accros remote subnets

Dirk Bonenkamp - Bean IT dirk at bean-it.nl
Thu Oct 11 04:20:04 GMT 2001

This is the relevant part of my smb.conf (I left out the shares)

[global]
         workgroup = BEAN IT
         netbios name = Spray
         server string = Bean IT Fileserver
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 0
         load printers = No
         dns proxy = No
         printing = lprng
         security = user
         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
         encrypt passwords = yes
         wins support = yes
         domain master = yes
         local master = yes
         preferred master = yes
         os level = 65
         remote browse sync = 192.168.2.255 192.168.3.255
         remote announce = 192.168.2.255 192.168.3.255

I've also tried it without the remote browse sync and remote announce
statments, since they are not nessecary according to the manual.

Tia,

Dirk