Browsing accros remote subnets
Dirk Bonenkamp - Bean IT
dirk at bean-it.nl
Thu Oct 11 01:07:07 GMT 2001
I've recently tied 2 networks together trough a ssh / pppd tunnel, to make
a vpn. Everything works smoothly, but for one thing:
I cannot see the remote windows users computer in the network neighbourhood
(from a windoze machine in the ohter subnet). I can find the computers when
I search for them. After that, i can access remote shares etc.
- linux-based router, making the connection to the other router
- samba fileserver (192.168.1.3) acting as PDC & wins server.
- Other servers & windows workstations (windows workstations have correct
wins server setup)
- linux-based router, making the connection.
- windows workstations (windows workstations have correct wins server setup)
As mentioned above, everything works fine, all kinds of traffic is possible
over the link between the networks. I think I'm missing something in the
If you guys need some more info, please let me know.
rm -rf /bin/laden
More information about the samba