memory requirements

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Oct 10 19:26:51 GMT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Sreenidhi  R Iyangar wrote:

> Hi
>
> (1) How much server (RAM) memory is required per user connection to samba
> server? Will this rate comes down after many users?

I would estimate 1.5 - 2 Mb of RAM for the RSS of each smbd.

> (2) Any idea how much hard disk space is consumed if minimal components are
> insalled (without man pages and some utilites).

~10Mb of disk space for /usr/local/samba/bin.
Of course a miminal install is smbd/nmbd/smb.conf :-)

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org