Compiling samba under RH 7

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Oct 10 15:21:04 GMT 2001

I would remove all the samba rpm's.
Then, I would make install the new version of samba.
Note, once you have done this, you won't be able to easily remove everything
with rpm, but, that is no great problem. It looks like samba installs
everything in /usr/local/samba.
The trick is that this generic samba version will be keeping its binaries, logs, lock
files, etc. in places which RH does not use, so you will have to fool around
a bit with that, but, its all part of the learning process.
Joel