Share between two Unixes...

patricia-cabanel at club-internet.fr patricia-cabanel at club-internet.fr
Wed Oct 10 14:02:03 GMT 2001

Hy!

(I'm French, so s'xcuse me for my poor english!)
I installed Samba on two PC with Linux, for the fisrt one, no problem: I test it and all worked!
But for the second, i did the same as before (mode: SHARE) but I couldn' see the share (even the share of this PC!).
I've made some tests (the network woks, testparm don't reply with mistakes...) and I taped a

"./smbclient -L localhost  -U%" on the machine wich don't work and the reply was:
"added interface (...)
(...) tree connect failed:ERRDOS -ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)"!

Here is the smb.conf file
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = TSUNAMI
	netbios name = ANTEPHASYS
	netbios aliases = ANTEPHASYS
	security = SHARE
	null passwords = Yes
	logon script = %U.bat
	interfaces = 192.168.0.10
	guest account = smbguest
	hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.

[coucou]
	comment = Gnagnagna
	path = /home/ante
	guest only = Yes
	guest ok = Yes
	public = yes
	browseable = yes
	available = yes

(Something important perhaps: this machine uses vmware under Linux with its one's Samba and this machine has 2 network cards (but a netsat doesn't indicate a problem with them)).

Help me please....