Printer mapping problem

Jan-Pieter van den Heuvel jan-pieter at piozum.com
Wed Oct 10 13:07:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've got a network with a HP2100TN (network) printer. The print queue is
located at the Samba server (2.0.5). On some pc's I get the following error
message when I gry to map the HP2100 to a lpt port (translated from Dutch):

Share name was not found on the network. Abort/Retry/Failed.

When I choose retry, I get the same error message. When I choose failed, I
get the message: Command completed succesfully. The printer is correctly
mapped to the lpt port.
Other printers (HP5N & HP8100) are working fine and this problem is only
occurring at some workstations. All workstations are identical (Win98SE).

Is this problem fixed in the newest version?

Regards,

Jan-Pieter van den Heuvel