Anyone with experience with HPUX and winbind?

Orwig, Paul PORWIG at PacificLife.com
Wed Oct 10 10:12:25 GMT 2001

I am using gcc to build samba 2.2.1a on HP Unix 11.

I have tried several copies of the samba source and different versions of
gcc and always fail linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so with a message
complaining that the files need to be position independant code.
Both object files were compiled with the -fpic (position independant code)
flag and show as "PA-RISC1.1 relocatable object"

Any guidance on how to make this happy would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul Orwig
Pacific Life Annuities