Shares disappear in Windows 2000 (Samba 2.2.1a)

Dietrich Heise Dietrich.Heise at net-and-works.de
Wed Oct 10 08:32:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

The try with smbstatus was not very bad, now I know that Windows 2000 connects
with a IPC$ share as nobody:nogroup and an other IPC$ as user:users with the
same
PID as the user after a short time all IPC$ connection are lost and from that
moment
on (I think) the dynamicly shared shares are lost. Maybe that someone
know what I can do now?
In the samba.log file I found an entry:
[...]
[2001/10/10 15:35:17, 3] smbd/service.c:close_cnum(646)
  anna (192.168.128.7) closed connection to service IPC$
[2001/10/10 15:35:17, 3] smbd/connection.c:yield_connection(50)
  Yielding connection to IPC$
[...]
What does "Yielding connection" meen? Is it the right way to the answer?

Thanks Dietrich