Unkillable Samba on Irix

Andrew Klaassen ak at dkp.com
Tue Oct 9 12:53:07 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:58:09AM -0700,
Herb Lewis wrote:

> Were you resharing NFS mounted directories?

No.  (I can't be 100% sure, but I'm 99.97% sure.)

One other odd thing:  The init.d startup script ("./samba start"
on Irix) would hang, simply adding one more unkillable smbd
processes waiting for the same event as all the others.  Ditto
with a straight "smbd -D" command; it would never return console
control, as if it was being hung up before it had a chance to
daemonize itself.

Andrew Klaassen