Cups, Samba and Print Queues

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Tue Oct 9 05:25:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

Actually, I see the print job in the queue, but it goes away after the job
enters the cups spool area. I mean, if I send a 50 page document, the job
appears in the windows queue but goes away really fast, although the printer
is still working on that job. This way, other users cannot see the printer
is busy, or even delete the pending job, or see how many jobs are left to be
printed. I have also quit trying to see the number of pages being printed
displayed in the queue.

I tried to search for some docs on this, but everything I find says the only
setting I need is 'printing = cups'. While I used LPRng, I had to enter all
those print commands you mentioned below so the queue showed correctly
(well, not THAT correctly).

No replies in the cups mailing list. I guess I will have to live with
that... :(

cheers
Gustavo