Problem faced while defining permissions for read & wirte access

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Oct 9 03:58:02 GMT 2001

Maybe your users are not being recognized by samba.
Use %U and %u  to see which names are being reported as the client name and
the user name of this share. If not recognized, either user will have write access
because of the read only = no.
Try making read only = yes or drop it entirely and see what happens.
Joel