no master browser for my workgroup

Christoph Kukulies kuku at gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 9 00:19:06 GMT 2001

I posted a followup on this one to the list (including smb.conf)
but may have missed the answer since I changed my mail filtering
(procmail) inbetween.

Just wanted to let you know that I can see the shares and can browse
the network of that particular workgroup now.

Reason was: The master browser for the workgroup (also samba) had allow lines
in smb.conf that excluded the network I was on - we changed network
addresses of many of our machines recently. I added the correct
allows and everything's fine now. Thanks again for offering help.