ACL and Redhat

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Oct 8 18:07:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] wrote:

> Well, I guess my hardware raid was not supported until 2.4, but that's
> something I really have to check. Also, I don't feel that good in
> downgrading my kernel :)

It isn;t a problem as long as your hardware is supported and your firewall
scripts (if any) are ipchaind NOT iptables.

I had a similar issue I needed ACL's, Quota and samba  I had it going under
2.4 with some patches (Scott Armstrong's??) but found the VM in 2.4 too
agressive.  I merely downloaed and compiled a 2.2.19 keranl and away I went.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */