Profiles not keeping SGID on IE Directories

J. Lucha ninerfan at sbmed.com
Mon Oct 8 15:37:02 GMT 2001

I'm using Samba 2.2.1a on RH7.1 acting as a PDC.

I have a few Win98 machines with profiles enabled.

I've set the SGID bit on all the directories for the profiles
(because management wants to be able to access the files there).

When the user signs off, the SGID bit is removed from both
the Cookies, and History directory for IE, but not any of the others.
Which I find kind of odd.

I've tried using the 'force directory mode' paramter and it still
doesn't work.

Thanks,
-Jim