FreeBSD connectivity problems on a Win98se and Win2k Pro machine

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 23:47:02 GMT 2001

No... I don't think this is a problem... remember... I can connect
internally...

Here's the output:

bash-2.05$ ./smbclient //(hostname)/(share path)

(I don't know why I have to enter the command with a ./ , it won't work
otherwise... and the samba path is included in my .profile)

INFO: Debug class all level = 5   (pid 1098 from pid 1098)
doing parameter log file = /usr/home/root/samba.log
doing parameter netbios name = (hostname)
handle_netbios_name: set global_myname to: (hostname)
doing parameter guest ok = yes
doing parameter browseable = yes
doing parameter read only = yes
doing parameter workgroup = HOME
doing parameter encrypt passwords = Yes
pm_process() returned Yes
added interface ip=(host ip address) bcast=(b-cast address) nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[HOME] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.1a]
smb: \>