ACL and Redhat

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sun Oct 7 19:33:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Noel Kelly wrote:

> Gustavo -
>
> Just saw your (far better) answer to Bill's question.
>
> This ACL patch - have you used it in anger ?  I have been looking for this
> but am a little reticent to use it on production servers if it is still
> experimental.  Is it up to it ?

I'm running the acl patches on 2.2 in productions on 2 domains.
I have samba (CVS SAMBA_2_2 branch)/winbind and quotas.  After testing and
tuing periods I'm yet to see problems.

My biggest non-samba problem was my backup software.  it didn't support ACL's
so I klugeded a solution and I'm now working with the delvopeers (backup not
samba) for a nice integration.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein