Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Oct 7 18:46:02 GMT 2001
1. The exact command you type when you try to start nmbd by hand.
2. What output you get after you try the command.
3. What you see in the log.nmbd file.
4. What you see with ps ax | grep nmbd
Among the possible reasons it won't start are:
1. It is already running.
2. nmbd is not where it belongs
3. permissions problems
4. It didn't compile properly.
And numerous other things I haven't thought about.
> now have a problem with nmbd, it will not start. I have tried manually
> starting it, starting through inetd and thru rc, it just wont start.
More information about the samba