Probems to sync changed passwords from the NT-server !

Alexander Loos loos_alexander at web.de
Sat Oct 6 09:24:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

since I updated to 2.2.1a we have problems to sync the passwords from the NT
Server.
We use a NT Server for the Authentificaton and the Samba Server as a file
server.

Now I alyaws have to change the password manually in the smbpasswd when a
User changes it on the Win NT Client !

Are there some known changes in 2.2.1a for that ?

Or did I forget something in my smb.conf ?
Here is a part my smb.conf :

        workgroup = ZEPPELIN_2
        netbios name = LINUX
        server string = POWERED BY LINUX 7.2
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        null passwords = Yes
        password server = nt_serv1
        unix password sync = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u

Can anybody help me ?

Thx

Alex