samba 2.2 installation binaries

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Sat Oct 6 08:28:02 GMT 2001

Hello,
	I'm trying to install samba 2.2.0 and now 2.2.1a on freebsd 4.3-release.
All goes well until I get to the make install part. Everything seems to
install right, and in the correct places. When I looked unless I'm going
crazy it seemed as if all was where it should be. But when I start samba
and run smbpasswd to add a user there's no file. I checked /samba/bin and
it is empty. In /samba/sbin there are three files, nmbd, smbd, and swat.
It's as if all the binaries were not completely installed. Can anyone at
least confirm that I'm not loosing my mind on this one?
Thanks.
Dave.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.