Bug or problem?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Oct 5 15:01:01 GMT 2001

manuel wrote:

> Hi, I've a samba 2.2 working as PDC for a "Micro$oft network"
> I've also a linux box, I mounted a shared directory on my linux FS via
>
> "mount -t smbfs ...."
>
> and it was all OK, then my Linuxbox crashed (problems with X)
> and I can log in my PDC only as guest!!!!! when I try to access via a
> normal account, it takes a while and then:
>
> session setup failed: code 0

This smells like the smbd on the server segfaulting, you might want to
look into the server's logs.

> ONLY FROM MY LINUX BOX!!!
>
> I can log on to the server via all the other clients (Win2K - sigh!-)
> and I can log on all the other clients via my liux box! Tried to
> reinstall samba, Linux, .... without results.
>
> Is this a bug or (probably) am I a bug? please give me some information!

See what the server has to say on the matter and if its a SIG11 see if
you can get a gdb backtrace of the server.  (setting panic action =
/bin/sleep 9000 allows the attachment of gdb to the now dead smbd).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Samba Team member, Build Farm maintainer        abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net