ACL and Redhat

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Fri Oct 5 12:42:05 GMT 2001

Hello,

I had a samba 2.2.2-pre built with acl support, running on a rh 7.1-2.4.9
patched kernel and ext2 filesystem. ACLs were fine, just like Windows ones.
I was able to set permissions for several users/groups (beyond
user/group/world of unix), all thru windows 2000 clients.

Worked like a charm, but I had to stop using acls because I needed quotas,
and they don't work that well on linus 2.4.x kernels... So I had to get back
to valid users... :(

cheers
Gustavo