"Access Denied" when trying to rename a file from win2k

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Oct 4 14:45:03 GMT 2001

Hi Christopher,
I think what's happening to you is that the .mp3 type is associated with the
mp3 player, and when you try to
rename it, it is already 'open' to the mp3 player, so (because of dos share
modes) it is not allowing you to
rename it...  I'm doing this from memory, so I'm most probably forgetting
something; on samba 2.0.x you could
set "share modes=no" on the share where your mp3 files were kept to take
care of this.  On 2.2.x, the share modes=
parameter has been depreciated, so I don't have a solution there...
Hope this helps,
Don