samba server an virus info

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Thu Oct 4 11:58:03 GMT 2001

I'm in process of setting up a samba server on a SuSe linux machine. After
this past round of nimda virus outbreak, im wondering if anyone out is
running any virus software on you linux/unix machines that are serving up
samba shares. I know that nimda spread to network shares from what im been
reading an im wanting something that could stop this attach in its tracks
before it infected the shares/files on the shares. I have nortons antivirus
software running on all my desktops but just would be nice to have some
peace of mind on the server side also.

thanks for any info you can pass on.

jack malone
Network Administrator