Samba sharing a samba mounted directory

Christopher Morgan chmorgan at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 3 21:08:02 GMT 2001

I'm trying to mount a samba share from a w2k box and reshare that from the
machine I mounted it under.  I can do this although for some reason I'm losing
write permissions along the way.  I can write to it on the linux box but not
through the share exported from the linux box.  I have the same problem if I
create a local file system symlink to the w2k's mounted samba share, I lose
write access here as well.  This looks to be a kernel security
restriction/design feature, anyone have further information?

Debian Woody, 2.2.16(I think 16) kernel

Thanks,
Chris