Simple win2k problem

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Oct 2 06:08:07 GMT 2001

Hi Ron,
possibly your Samba server is becomming the browse master
periodically? It shouldn't, not with an os level of 2, but
just to make sure,
Try the following global parameter:

local master = no

You can also check the log.nmbd file to see if samba is becoming
a brows master around the times that your windows clients are
loosing the ablitity to browse...
hope thishelps,
Don