Login from Samba client to W2k Active Directory domain

Andre Valente aValente at intelsystech.com
Mon Oct 1 19:42:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am having a problem as follows.

My SAMBA setup (v 2.2.1 running on RedHat 7.1) works fine from the
Windows side - all windows clients "see" the Linux machine shares, etc.

However, I can't make it work the other way around, i.e., with a Samba
client on Linux accessing the Windows 2000 shares. Using Gnomba I can
see all the computers in the local domain, but I cannot login to any of
them.

I am using encrypted passwords (according to the I read it might be that
it requires a mixed mode on Active directory, but that is OK because we
still have NT machines on the domain.

I also tried combinations for the user name like User, DomainName\User,
DomainName/User, etc. All of them fail.

I append a copy of the relevant parts of the smb.conf file (with fake
data about my domain and IP addresses).

Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply directly to my address,
since I am not a member of the SAMBA list.

Andre

---
Andre Valente (avalente at intelsystech.com)

# Global parameters