Moving users to a new server

Cecil Watson cesman at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 1 12:43:03 GMT 2001

Hello Everyone,

In a few days, I plan to move my users to a new server (actully
reinstalling Linux and Samba), I have over 40 Samba users.  Have
considerations (how) do I need to take into account to ensure a smooth
transition.  The server is currently running on Redhat 6.2, I plan to
install Mandrake 8.1 on to a new hard drive.  I'd slave the other and
copy data over on to the new drive.  As far as the users, I plan to
merge the old /etc/passwd, etc. with new one.  The bottom line is that
I'd like to make the transition as smooth as possible without having to
recreate as the users.  Thanks in advance,

Cecil