samba client's access-time modification causes that windows clients receive notification about the file has been changed

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Oct 1 06:17:02 GMT 2001

Tibor Kiss wrote:
> I would like to work under linux but we have a team using NT file server.
> Mounting the NT drive in linux with samba client just accessing the files
> the rest of running windows applications (like Developer Studio) receive a
> notification about the file has been changed if they edit the same file.

	Are you sure this is access time?  Windows
	is **peculiar** about times: to support
	programmers I reccomend setting
time service = yes
dos filetimes = yes
fake directory create times = yes
dos filetime resolution = yes
delete readonly = yes
	See http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch08_01.html
	for a bit of background on this.

--dave (shifted to samba at samba.org for the moment) c-b
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com