Joining BDC (Samba) to PDC (Samba)

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Fri Nov 30 17:54:03 GMT 2001

I use Checkservice (you can find it on Freshmeat) to do port checking
for Samba availability.  You'd want to add some more logic to wait 2
minutes and try again as I've had instances of the thing failing to
connect and paging me, the trying again and connecting just fine.

It has some other nice features, like a sms_client tyin an the ability
to launch a command on failure that would be useful for knowing that
your BDC was taking over.

Chris Tooley

Chris Tooley