Configuring WinME box for Samba

Glen Lee Edwards Glen at fcwm.org
Fri Nov 30 15:44:05 GMT 2001

I just installed Samba on a remote RH 6.2 server that's behind a firewall.  I'm
trying to configure a local WinME computer that's also behind a firewall so it
can access it.  So far I'm getting nowhere.  I click on the "Add Network Place"
icon and fill out the info, \\server.com\user, but keep getting the error: "The
network name cannot be found."  I see no place to add in a network name.  I get
the same error when I use the IP address instead of the server name. According
to the samba logs on the remote server, it isn't even being queried.

Suggestions?

Glen