Joining BDC (Samba) to PDC (Samba)

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Nov 30 13:48:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> > Possible? Anything is "possible".  There were some ideas to sort of hack
> > it to work IIRC but AFAIK there is no support for BDC functionality in
> > samba.
> >
> Some time ago Jerry Carter wrote that samba can act as BDC.

Yes, but not using "security = domain".  Both Samba PDC & BDC are
configured as as PDC with "security = user".  The difference
is that the BDC has "domain master= no".  Then synchronize
the UNIX uids, smbpasswd, [netlogon], & secrets.tdb files.

PS: use rsync over ssh  for the file sync.

chau, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
 http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard      gerald_carter_at_hp.com