mapping drives in win2k red X

Andrew Judge ajudge at telocity.com
Fri Nov 30 13:00:09 GMT 2001

I'm mapping drives in Wndows 2000 to a samba server and I am getting red Xs on the drives over time.  It takes about three tries to break this.  What is the fix for this on the w2k machines?  It must be windows since it happens on some clients only.  I am mapping the drives under different user names and passwords and this is where it seems to be a problem.  The same occurs if I cange the account on the local machine (they aren't logging into the domain).

Andy Judge