ODP: ODP: Joining BDC (Samba) to PDC (Samba)

Marek.Feszczuk at siemens.pl Marek.Feszczuk at siemens.pl
Fri Nov 30 02:44:01 GMT 2001

Normal PDC/BDC isn't possible now. It will be in Samba 3.0 (look in
documentation). But you can create substitute solution. For example two
idendicaly
servers with autocopy of password database, but it isn't PDC/BDC relations.
It is two identicaly domains. I have two servers with samba, with two
indenticaly password databases and smb.conf. When I have problem with one, I
can fastly change server PDC. This maybe widen as two servers (and two
domains) in different places of the world that you manage from one place. I
don't know how to automaticaly change doman name for stations from breakdown
PDC.

Marek