share modes

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 02:41:04 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Try the current CVS code. If you set "share modes = no" then
> it will allow you to destroy your files using the windows
> applications of your choice :-) :-).

I've compiled and installed the CVS code on a linux 2.2.19 box and a
slowaris 8 box and it doesn't complain about my share modes options.
Hopefully it will get rid of the login script locks.

Does nobody else have problems with win 9x boxes taking exclusive locks on
bits of the login script (using kixtart) and preventing others from logging
in?

Thanks for the prompt response Jeremy!

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed				To have no errors
Information Services			Would be life without meaning