Disk space error when no quota set

Peter Rose peter at cyberscreen.com
Thu Nov 29 23:58:03 GMT 2001

Please feel free to tell me to RTFM if this is a very obvious question,
but I am a newcomer to Samba.

I have just set up a Samba server on a small home network.
Samba server is on Mandrake 8.1 with a Win98SE and Win2000 machine using
it as clients.
The Windows machines can access the Samba share with no problem, and
using Windows Explorer I can always copy/move/delete files on the
Samba/mandrake box.

However, I have had some instances when attempting to save a file from a
Windows 98 application straight onto the Samba share where I get the
Blue Screen of Death and the message 'Network Error - out of disk
space', even though I don't have quota set or running on the Mandrake
machine.

There does not seem to be a definite pattern to this, ie. sometimes I
can write straight to the Mandrake box from the Windows machines,
sometiems not.

Any guidance welcome.

TIA

Peter Rose
London UK
"I don't like your fashion business mister"
  - Leonard Cohen / First We Take Manhattan