Odd preexec/root preexec behavior

Kris Jordan krisj at owt.com
Thu Nov 29 10:42:03 GMT 2001

Removing /%U would not work either if there was a permission problem,
profile is root:users, 770, I tried 777 just to see if that works which
it didn't. log level 3 and even 10 did not show any failure, it does not
even mention the running of the prexeec command, maybe I missed it, log
level 3 creates a lot of stuff. When using root preexec, I do see the
log entry of it running.

I think samba  is checking for the existence of /data/profile/kris
before running preexec, but when using root preexec, it is the other way
around.

- Kris Jordan -