File transfer speed issue

Colin Haffenden chaffend at msxi-euro.com
Thu Nov 29 07:46:37 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I have aproblem with Samba copying (unfortunatly I'm new to samba so my
skills are fairly limited).

I have a sun box (solaris 8) with samba 2.2.2.

Copying from sun to a nt server is fast (as good as you would expect)
however, copying from the nt server to the sun box is slow (files copy
normally, then slow to a complete halt then copy very slowly).

We cannot see anything on a network sniff nor a snoop (packets seem to
just stop transferring).

Has anybody else had this problem or am I the only one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completly stuck on this
one.

I've attached my smb.conf as I hope this will help.

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

This Message has been Checked at MSXI for all known Viruses.
You open this at your own risk. Please make sure all replies are
also virus free.
MSXI