Share problem !

Kamlesh Mutha kamlesh at indranetworks.com
Thu Nov 29 01:03:20 GMT 2001

Hello List,
I have a small problem in configuring SAMBA on my Linux Red Hat 6.2 box.
If user xyz with username xyz tries to access samba share from windows NT
box, everything works fine except one thing. In Network Neighbourhood three
shares are visible instead of two . Shares defined in smb.conf are global,
homes and printer. In network neighbourhood it shows three directories:
xyz             (User name)
homes        (Defined share - home directory)
printers      (Defined share - priner)

The configuration for home directory is as follows :
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes

Could anyone please help me to understand why it's happening so or what's
going wrong ?

NOTE : contents under both the directories xyz and homes are the same.

Thanx in advance,
Kamlesh.