Issues with Samba / NT

Phil Greenway admin at wenck.com.au
Wed Nov 28 23:09:07 GMT 2001

I wish your help files were more descriptive.

I can't get the NT box to connect to the samba share ... due to some
permission bullshit.

You needs a knowledge base ... i cant find the error im getting, anywhere on
their site ...

Searching via a search engine -- says that:-

when you're upgrading to SP3 on NT, samba will stop working unless you put
the regkey EnablePlainTextPassword ... but that doesnt work ... i suspect
its at the unix end ...

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this Email message maybe
confidential. It is only intended for the recipient named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this Email is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this Email in error,
please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Would you please notify the
sender so that arrangements can be made for its retrieval or destruction.
Thank you.